Sunday, November 27, 2011

Homecoming 1991 Mix Tape (Tracks 17-20)

Now we're well into side two of this mix tape that I made for Homecoming 1991. This dance I went with Athena Stallcop, a cheerleader that I had know for a while. We had a good time.

Track 17: A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes: Micheal Bolton. Another Mad About The Mouse track. I've mentioned it before. I just liked this tape. Probably the same reason that I find myself watching Disney Channel with my kids more frequently than I'd like to admit.

Track 18: Clancy's Theme: Man From Snowy River. This soundtrack is so relaxing. Maybe I thought it would promote conversation? I'm not sure.

Track 19: (Everything I Do,) I Do It For You: Bryan Adams. This song was everywhere. Bryan Adams gravely  voice on this ballad made all the girls melt. If you couldn't get a girl to dance with you on this song... you have problems!

Track 20: World To Me: Huey Lewis & The News. From the Small World album. I wore this tape out. I listened to it all the time- mowing lawns, driving to school, anywhere. It was a departure from their other songs, a strong ballad. I knew that it was a lesser known song.

No comments: