Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hiatus.... Schmiatus

Where have I been? Nowhere really. I've been here. I was unable to make any long transmissions and have really been communicating in short burst transmissions. It is that reason that I did not make contact sooner.

That means that between tweets and facebook status updates I kind of neglected the original way that I shared my opinions and ideas. It's so quick and easy. My bad blogger! Sorry.

Cars, Soccer, Work, & Cars. Busy. Busy. Busy. Reece has started soccer. He has had three games already. He and his cousin Gavin are on the same team. Reece is two months older than Gavin, so they have fun. Sometimes Reece could be a little more aggressive towards the ball. But he'll grow into it. He has fun!

In November on the way to Twin Falls I ran over a deer (I didn't hit it, just ran over it. The truck in front of me hit it). I have been looking for a replacement vehicle. Been searching Craigslist, cars.com, autotrader.com, driving through lots, even checking the newspaper. There are some that will work, then there are the scams! Like the one that was a 2000 Honda CRV for $2900- not a huge stretch of what could be available. I emailed the seller and then I get some mumbo jumbo about sending my shipping address and going through ebay. (If I wanted to buy a car through ebay I would- and I don't!). After weeding those out there have been a couple that I have looked at.

We drove through a dealer lot in Nampa and saw one that looked promising. A 1994 Nissan Patherfinder that was in good condition. Unfortunately there was no price on it, so I flagged down a salesman. They were asking $6995! A sixteen year old car! It has 131,000 miles on it! Kelley Blue Book value is only $3800! But whatever! We made a fair offer OVER BLUE BOOK  and they didn't want it. So we walked away. Not sure what they are trying to do at Bronco Motors Nissan, but it is not trying to sell 16 year old cars. It was a frustrating process... so I voiced my frustration on twitter...

Hopefully here in the next few weeks we'll get the car situation remedied.

No comments: