Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Early Morning...

5:20 AM the alarm went off, or did it? I thought I had set it to wake me. Maybe I turned it off in the night, that's not a good thing. I'm not sure what happened, but I woke up on time at least. I was out the door before 6:00 AM on my way across western Idaho to Twin Falls. I have mentioned this before, a couple times a month I get to load up ten notebook computers, a projector and some handouts and travel to Twin Falls to hold classes for the MLS. Today was particularly dark when I left as it was the first time I had traveled there since the end of daylight savings time. The sunrise was brilliant on such a clear morning. The yellow-orange sky peering out of the darkness of the sleepy night. A stark contrast to the darkness of the last time I made this trip. It was so dark last time that even game trying to cross the interstate was hard to see. So hard, in fact that the GMC truck in front of me hit a deer and I drove over it. Not to worry, I am fine, car is OK (had to replace a couple turn signal lights), the trucks occupants were OK. I can't say the same for the deer. So this mornings peaceful drive was a welcome event.

One of the many things that I love about my job is that I get travel around this great state that I love. I love to see the changes of season. What a great place to live and to raise a family.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Yucky... about the deer and all.

Sunrises are beautiful. It gives me hope that the day won't completely suck or better yet, it'll just stay that way, beautiful.

Lucky you to see such a sight!

~Stacey