Tuesday, May 04, 2010

The search is over!

For those who keep up with facebook, twitter and the occasional blog post you, no doubt have seen that I have been on the hunt for a new car. Well, not a new car. But a gently used car that didn't have too many miles on it, that was built after I graduated high school (early 1990's) preferably in this decade, and one that I liked. Well it finally happened...

Two weeks ago we were looking at cars and had the experience noted here. This past Saturday we were at it again. This time we started by checking out a car found on Craigslist. This was a private owner so we met at a public location. Walgreens, by Albertsons. In Nampa that could be one of TWO places! What are the odds? In Nampa, apparently pretty good. (There is a Walgreens on 7th and 12th and 12th and Greenhurst both also have Albertsons). After getting the location straighted out we checkout A Toyota Avalon, it was ok. It was obvious that it had been in an accident, the owner had really broken English and an a strong accent. So there was not a lot of sharing of vehicle history, which does not instill confidence. Neither did the bumper with a different color than the body of the car. So we told them we'd think about it.

Then off to a dealer. This time it was Tom Scott Honda. We had dealt with them in past working on our Honda Odyssey, so we felt they would treat us fair.I usually drive by their lot coming home from work on a regular basis and I had seen some of their used inventory. We looked at a few cars and then we saw one that we thought would work. However it was a little above our budget. I was thinking, "great! Just like last week!" So we made the same offer that we had at Bronco Motors. But this time the car was newer, with less miles and a higher book value. A better car than a 1994 Pathfinder. I looked at Tammy and thought, 'Why are we making an offer again? They'll never accept it." The salesman came back and confirmed my fears. He told us that we were crazy to make an offer like that. Then he said, "Crazy because they accepted it!". Happy Birthday to ME!

I am now the proud owner of a 2002 Saturn L300W. I like it! It will work great for commuting and making my trips to Twin Falls for work much easier. Also, the kids think it's cool. They are already asking to ride in it whenever they can.

2 comments:

Willie E. said...

Nice Wheels Chris...I will trade you straight across for a 1970 Chevy driveway ornament! Is it a deal? ;-)

Broncop3t3 said...

That's ok. I think I'll stick with this for a while.I don't think my marriage could handle more car shopping!