Monday, February 16, 2009

The Future...

Have you ever wondered what the future will be like? I don't mean in a year or two or even ten years from now. What about 500 years into the future? What will life be like? Will Earth still be inhabitable? Will the human race have ventured out other worlds? I was recently introduced to something that addresses those questions. Firefly.



Firefly is a television show created by Jos Whedon (Buffy, Angel). I was never really a fan of those shows and was not sure that I would like Firefly. I gave it a chance and really liked it. The show only lasted 14 episodes and only 11 were aired initially. The show aired on fox as was scheduled on Thursday nights opposite "Friends". So there was not much of a chance there. It is a Sci-fi Western motif that follows the lives of a Firefly-class transport ship and her crew.

Gina Torres plays Zoe and she also played Anna Espinosa in Alias so I thought that I should give it a chance.

After 14 episodes there are still questions that remain. So luckily the creators also made movie that answers many of those questions. Serenity.



Serenity is the name of the ship used in Firefly. I was glad that I watched the series and then the movie. But the movie stands well on it's own.

You can watch the entire series on Hulu. Here is a taste. Give it a try. You'll like it.


2 comments:

Stacey said...

Oh, you liked it! It's grown on me too. Every once and a while we have Firefly marathons; its like LotR, you have to save enough space between viewing. Something about absence and being fond? lol

Didn't like how the killed off my fav. characters in the movie though... *grumble, grumble.

Broncop3t3 said...

I agree. You get invested in characters and then then are gone. Then movie however, did resolve many questions, I liked that. Especially when the show was so short.