Saturday, December 03, 2011

Homecoming 1991 Mix Tape (Tracks 25-29) The END Finally!

Here it is the end of the marathon that has been the tracks from Homecoming 1991 Mix Tape. If you've been reading and following along you have got a glimpse of what music I was into my senior year in high school. At least the start of my senior year.

Track 25: Is It Me: Huey Lewis & The News. From the album Picture This. This is another tape I WORE out playing in my walkman. Looking at some of these songs; this one, a couple Chicago songs- I was wavering with my self esteem. I guess all teens go through that. Mine had to do with trying to be more than friends with girls. Thank goodness I conquered that fear. It would have been hard to meet Tammy and have the wonderful life we have, if I was too shy.

Track 26: Every Breath You Take: The Police. I have always liked this song. When I added it to this play list I don't think I was paying attention to the lyrics. Not quite the song you want to hear on a date.

Track 27: Waltz Of The Flowers: Fantasia Soundtrack. Being in concert band and jazz band I developed an eclectic taste in music. Here is where shines through. There is awesome music in Fantasia.








Thanks for tagging along on this musical journey from 1991. That was a long time ago, but a part of my life that I never want to forget. I was lucky to have a lot of good friends. We had a lot of fun. When else would just hanging out in a deserted hallway before class been fun. (Right guys!). Thanks to all the people who made that fall fun! Dain Johnson, Robert Weaver, Darin Turpin, John Shumate, Joe Lammers, Athena Stallcop, Janel Kirkman, Laurie Hawkins, Megan Curtis, Bill Hankins, and many others...

And I can't forget BOLT! Ray Sagarik, Rob Kennedy, Rob Pearson, &  Shane Blacker. The lunch in the 500 BLDG hallway that started it all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BOLT, what great memories... Hard to believe so much time has passed!

Pearson