Monday, December 07, 2009

More things I tried...

Previously I wrote about things that I had tried. Here are some other things that I have tried...

TV Programs: Remember the days before DVRs? When you had to plan what to watch and make sacrifices if two programs were on at the same time? Or if you and your spouse/partner/roommate wanted to watch different things. Your into Star Trek TNG and they want to watch Dr. Quinn (how would that relationship last?). Well I tried TV shows. Now I am by no means a TV junkie. But there have been programs come on that I am interested in and Tammy is not. Sometimes the DVR is preciously committed, so I watch the shows online. Enter; HULU. A couple shows that I have got into this way are Fringe and Lie To Me. There have been others that I watched part of and lost interest quick and quit watching. Another the I tried that we both got into was Glee. We watched it on HULU first, then started to DVR it.

Drink: Drink bottled water? I think most of us do. Have you ever used an add-in? Those low calorie flavor packets. I really like the Hawaiian Punch Singles to go. I add them to a bottle (or refilled bottle) of water and I have a low cal fruit drink. I keep them in my desk at work, so that I am not tempted by the pop in the refrigerator. (We used them when we went to Disneyland, too!)

Twitter: I tried Twitter initially to follow a news conference that Apple Inc. was having. Then I tried it again a few months later as a way speak my mind in 140 characters or less. Then you see that there is an entire Twitter community out there. Just tweeting here and there about their lives.

Here are a few things I tried. What about you? What have you tried? Trying anything right now?

1 comment:

mandbrid said...

We LOVE hulu! We watch most of our shows this way - we don't have a DVR and the kids don't go to be soon enough for us to watch HEROES (definitely don't want the kids to catch a glimpse of that one!)