Thursday, July 02, 2009

Genius...

iTunes. Heard of it? If you are reading this blog post then you probably have. I have used iTunes since version 1 in 2001. After getting an iPod in 2004 iTunes became more important as I used to organize the songs on my iPod.


One of the more recent additions as a feature in iTunes is Genius. You know when a friend recommends a band or a song because they know you like another band? Well, that is what genius does. It looks at your iTunes library and finds songs that would compliment the initial one you chose. I have 4615 songs on my iPod, so using genius helps 'mash up' songs that I might not have put together on a playlist myself.


I recently created a genius playlist for the song "A Little Respect" by Erasure and the list that follows are the results. It made a day driving to Twin Falls and Back a lot more enjoyable. Give it a try and see what songs in your own library you have been missing!

No comments: