Thursday, March 26, 2009

Before the Music Dies...

It has been a while since I posted. That is not due to lack of things to post. I have mentioned Hulu before on this blog and I have been using it to keep upon new TV shows and revisit some from the past. Hulu is great because you can stumble upon things that you might not have watched on your own. Well this week I found a documentary about the music industry that makes some pretty good points. You can watch and be the judge for yourself. For me what it all boils down to is to have an open mind and move beyond the same songs that the corporations that own the media outlets want us to listen to. If that means getting exposure to new artists on NPR or facebook or MySpace, then that's where it needs to be. But just listening to the radio and not showing the corporations that diversity in the music industry is better than 15 different Brittany spears wannabees. Enjoy!(click the picture to view clip)


No comments: