Thursday, October 04, 2007

Just what Idaho needs...Larry Craig NOT resigning!

Well the judge's order is in, Larry Craig cannot withdraw his guilty plea. As a citizen of Idaho I am glad that Senator Craig with do the honorable thing, that he promised to do and resign. Wait, what's that you say, he is not retiring? You heard it right, we are stuck with "lame duck larry"! I coined that, so if you see someone else using it let me know. According to the AP Craig is going to drag this out as long as possible, "I will continue my effort to clear my name in the Senate Ethics Committee - something that is not possible if I am not serving in the Senate." More excuses. I saw an interesting article online that insinuated that Craig was staying so that he would not have to testify in a court case involving another GOP congressman. Who knows, but he is really a "lame duck" and as such will not be helping out us in Idaho too much, except for being fodder for late night comedians.

No comments: