Thursday, April 27, 2006

Thank the Maker...(Makers?)

So I have three kids and a wife. My wife is an excellent cook. She loves to find new recipes then add her own flare to them. She gets ideas from online sources and from other places. And the kids and I love to try the new creations.

About four years ago we entered into the 20th century and dropped dial-up internet for high-speed internet, we opted for cable internet. In doing this we also subscribed for cable TV (as they were both discounted when bundled together). After that change there was no going back to dial-up.

What does that have to do with cooking, you’ll see. One of that channels that my wife likes to watch is Food Network, Food TV (she’s even convinced me into liking a couple shows-Good Eats/ $40 a Day). We don’t watch it all the time, but if one of the few shows we like is a re-run then we’ll check Food Network and see if Alton Brown or Rachael Ray are doing anything exciting. My kids have seen some food shows as they play while mom works around the house and has Food TV on in the background. Because of that my kids know who Rachael Ray is and they call her a “maker” because she makes food. When my wife cooks something that they like they will tell her that she is a “good maker”. There have been times when I have called and my wife is doing something around the house and my daughter answers the phone and when I ask her what they are doing, she replies, “watching a maker show”. My kids are still young they are 5, 3, and 9 months so they have not quite caught on to all the words to use in all situations, until then my wife and I will grin whenever we hear them talk about the maker show that is on Food TV.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank the maker! Great story. You kids sound fun.