Friday, January 13, 2012

Ten Years

"Today would have been Mom's 60th Birthday. Ten years ago they had a big party for her @ work-black streamers & all. She was so surprised. Happy Birthday Mom! I know your watching over the grandkids. We talk about Grandma Lynn all the time. We love you!"

This is my facebook status right now. I both can and can't believe that it has been ten years since Mom's death. This week the death of Roger Kotter from the same thing that took Mom. Life seems shorter. I think about my own mortality. What have I given my kids to remember me by. Have I taught them enough? Do they know I love them. Does Tammy know how much I love her?

The only way to answer these daunting questions is to act. To do something. Play a game. Read a a book. Read a story. Spend the time. Together.

"No. Try not. Do, or do not. There is no try.".- Yoda

"As I have loved you, Love one another"

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Knowing you, Pete, I'd say the people you love know without a doubt that you love them! And Yoda's my favorite.