Thursday, May 26, 2011

Birthdays (No such thing as a free lunch? I beg to differ)

I had a birthday this month. The first of the month to be exact. I turned an age in my 30's. As I have gone through adulthood one thing I have really learned to appreciate is good value. For my birthday 'good value' is a good birthday benefit. There are three that I received this year that I specifically want to mention. Red Robin,  Wheeler's Handout and Souper Salad! . Sometimes I scan social media and blogs and I came across birthday specials that both these restaurants made available.

Red Robin- The birthday club from Red Robin is a free burger for your birthday. I was emailed a coupon that I could use the week of my birthday. So I had a $10 burger for free (with bottomless fries)! I can't complain about that. It was a nice lunch treat for my birthday. (@RedRobinBurgers)

Wheeler's Handout- Wheeler's is a Treasure Valley institution! They have been in the same location in Nampa since the 1950's. They even survived a car crashing into their small building. The birthday benefit at Wheeler's is a "Wheeler's Special" the week of your birthday. Like red Robin this is a burger and fries. To join this birthday club all I had to do was "like" them on facebook. Then on your birthday they post it on their wall and give you a week to use it.

Souper Salad!- This was the best one. They have everything at Souper Salad! and the birthday meal is good for lunch or dinner. Souper Salad! has a lot of choices which makes this such a good birthday treat. But the best part is that I had twenty-five days to use the birthday special. I didn't have to worry about trying to get it in the week of my birthday, I had plenty of time. So I used it today. (@SouperSalad)

Birthdays are great, but they can be even better with free stuff! Who says "there's no such thing as a free lunch"? I found some... I hope you can too!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

That's awesome!!! Happy Birthday Chris!!! From the looks of that ice cream it was a good one. :)