Friday, August 13, 2010

iPhone envy? I EVO (I don't know)

EVO. Have you heard of it? It is the latest and greatest phone from Sprint. I just got one through work. Didn't he have an iPhone? Yes, I did. But Having an iPhone and an EVO didn't make too much sense. So I don't have an iPhone any more. Tammy has an iPhone and I have the EVO. What are my impressions. I have been using the EVO exclusively for a little over a week and I had the iPhone for almost nine months. So there are some things that were second nature on the iPhone that I am still learning on the EVO.

Differences:

  • Carrier- EVO is Sprint- iPhone is AT&T: AT&T calls were clearer- Sprint has 4G in Boise. Getting used to Sprint
  • Media- iTunes doesn't really work with the EVO. I did find a way to sync a playlist and then get the songs over to the SD card. I can use any song as a ringtone on the EVO, a lot easier than on the iPhone. 
  • Google Integration- EVO runs Android 2.2 (Froyo) and as Android is Google things are tight, Gmail contacts almost instant updating. iPhone wasn't as consistent. 
  • Battery- iPhone battery was not the best, but it lasts longer than EVO. I have to remember to shut stuff off on EVO as to not drain the battery too soon. Hopefully with updates the battery life will improve.

Overall- I am getting to like EVO. iPhone and iTunes App store integration is great and hopefully the Android Marketplace will be comparable soon. But as a phone and internet device it works pretty good. As time goes on I am sure that I'll like it more. I just have to learn it- more of which I do each day I use EVO.

So if you are on Sprint EVO is a good choice.
My EVO. 
GO BRONCOS!

Happy Weekend Everybody!

No comments: