Monday, May 24, 2010

The End.

Lost. Finale. I loved it! I thought it was a great way to end this chapter in the lives of the characters that we have grown to love theses past six seasons. I thought that the way the Island time line was completed was great. (I would love to see a story on Hugo and Ben’s time as island caretakers.) I think it would have been a different place than the island that Jacob ran. Hurley would help people in a different way.

I’ll jump right to the part that gave a lot of people trouble; The end. The final 20 minutes of the episode pulled all the characters together in the flash-sideways timeline. There are many interpretations to what is represented when the characters reunite. Here is my take.

The flash-sideways/ alt timeline was not a timeline at all, but another step in the process called existence/ life. After their time on the island (which was real) they all live their lives and died for who knows how long. Jacob was on the island for centuries, how long was Hugo there?  Upon dying, then they were in a place where the plane landed in LA and they did not have the memories of their time on the island. Little by little through contact with one another they see small glimpses of the lives that they had and the people they were with. Then when they find someone with whom they had a significant relationship all the memories come rushing back. Then they are ready to move on. And they know. So they want to share their knowledge with the rest of the people they shared a life-changing experience with.

I couldn’t think of a better way to end, then to remember all the good times, be reunited with people I love and move on.

Thanks LOST.
*FYI I was listening to “Tricia Tanaka is Dead” while I wrote this!

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Hmm, I think they all died when the plane crashed the first time. I suppose I'm in the purgatory camp. They all were "flawed" and needed the island to work through the kinks. "Live together or die alone" not really living. At the island, they made choices that either showed their true character or gave them an opportunity grow and repair said "flaws". Anyhoo, I could go on and on, but my noodle hurts enough already! lol Did it answer everything? No. Did I like it? Yes. 'Nugh Said!