Thursday, March 18, 2010

Something new to wear...

Like the new look? I thought I would update the theme just in time for March Madness! What is March Madness you ask? Well it is one of the most exciting times in College sports... strike that! ...the most exciting times in ALL OF SPORTS! Different from college football where teams go where they are picked to go, even if they have lost a quarter of their games; NCAA basketball takes all the conference champions and then the teams deemed top performers. March Madness has been a part of my life since I was a boy. I remember going to the first and second round games when the tournement came to Boise. When the teams come, on their off day the practices are open to the public. When I was a senior in high school (1992) I remember coming to the Boise State Pavilion (that's the name I'll always call it! Sorry Taco Bell) and watching the teams practice. Here are the teams that played:

  • Georgetown
  • South Florida
  • Florida St.
  • Montana
  • Indiana
  • LSU
  • BYU
  • Eastern Illinois
The winners from that year are not important. What is important are who was part of those teams. Indiana was coached by Bob Knight and Shaquille O'Neal  played for LSU. Both pretty big names in basketball. Well, on the off day my friends and I went over to watch Indiana practice and on our way out of the Pavilion there was this very large basketball player signing autographs out in the foyer by the outside doors. It was Shaquille O'Neal. We walked right by him on our way out. What I can remember is that he was tall! 7'1'' is pretty tall. 

So when March Madness comes around I get pretty excited even if the Boise State Broncos aren't playing in the tournament. 

No comments: