Friday, January 29, 2010

What is speed...

What is speed? What is my concept of fast? It all depends on what I am talking about. This time I am talking about my browser. It is probably the most used application on my (or any) computer. For years I have used Firefox and I still like it. Recently the computer I use most (my work PC) was upgraded to Windows 7 (64-bit). I really like it. 64- bit uses all 4 GB of RAM that are installed on this PC and it works really well (for a Windows PC, it's still no Mac). Ever since upgrading though, Firefox has had some issues. It can be slow to respond, videos are very choppy. IT's just not what I have been used to. 
I have a few different browsers on my PC for various reasons so I thought I would give another one a shot as being my "Default" browser. I tried Safari; I like it. But Safari likes to open links in new windows and I would really like them to open in a new tab... So Safari just doesn't cut it. Internet Explorer is just bulky and slow. If I didn't have to use it for work I might not use it at all. Then there is Chrome. Chrome is the browser from Google.  All the other Google stuff I use; I like. Gmail, Web Search, Google Voice, Google Reader, so I thought I would give Chrome a shot as my default. I already know that it handles videos great, not choppy like Firefox has been. 
So right now Chrome is my default browser. Who knows how long that will last. A day, a week, two hours? But for now it is what I'm using. 
More info on Chrome is available here:http://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en/features.html
Here is an informational video about Chrome (Facebook users view the original post by clicking the link below)


No comments: