Wednesday, January 06, 2010

Tweet... Tweet


Yesterday I posted about the Idaho Press-Tribune involving local twitter users to enhance their Boise State Fiesta Bowl coverage. Last night when I was watching the Orange Bowl (more about that below) I received a message on twitter from Vickie Holbrook, the Managing Editor of the Idaho Press-Tribune. She asked my name so that she could reference it in a blog post. I appreciated that. That is what social media can do. It can change the way that we interact with content providers. Not only in promotions or contests, but by enhancing the development of the content that we ourselves consume. For some people that is too much and I get that. But the Fiesta Bowl experience was better for me because of the tweeters. Here are some that I follow and that were active in the tweeting of the fiesta bowl.

obnug                     jebputzier88
sarahk47               ShannonMorgan
murphsturph          ArbiterGamble
ranitabang             ajoyw
krisleemoss          DonLDay
tweetmcg              wendiegoneferal

The Orange bowl was ok. The best part was when Iowa tried a fake field goal. Looked like a play out of the Bronco playbook, except without the precise execution that Boise State excels with.


No comments: