Tuesday, January 05, 2010

Broncos Win!

If you don't pay attention to college football or you live under a rock, you may not know; Boise State Broncos won the 2010 Tostitos Fiesta Bowl! It was definitely a defensive struggle. TCU fought a good battle. Boise State did what they needed to to they capitalized on TCU mistakes and played without making mistakes of their own. The Broncos will finish the season as one of two unbeaten teams in the nation. Going 14-0 is something that only one other team has done and that was Ohio State in the early 2000's. Not bad company to be in.

As I watched the game last night I used my new toy from Tammy (my iPhone) to keep up with all the chatter. It was fun to see the tweets related to each play and officiating call. One of the tweets came from Idaho Press Tribune editor Vickie Holbrook, looking for ideas for the following mornings headline. 



In my Twitter feed I posted the following:




   

Here is the Idaho Press-Tribune for Tues Jan 5, 2010





Gotta say that I am proud of that.
Go Broncos!

4 comments:

Willie E. said...

I can't believe I fell asleep during the 3rd quarter of this game! Oh well, DVR will have to do. Nice headline there Petey, I think it's pretty 'tweet'!

Stacey said...

Sweet! That's awesome. I was really contemplating whether or not I should text you congrats last night after the game. I'm just glad Dave was in the room for the punt fake! That was so cool, especially with the view from behind Brotzman.

Way to nail a headline!

~Stacey

Ron said...

That is awesome. You just moved up my list of heroes.

Broncop3t3 said...

Thanks, Ron! I try...