Thursday, November 05, 2009

TMI... Really

Do you Tweet? What about facebook? Updating your status every hour? Now some people would say that I update my facebook status too much. But I really don't. Maybe once a week... When I have something I think is interesting to say or share. If I have a quick thought or sharp comment I tweet as well. But what I do not do is fb/tweet every second of my day. 

People do not need to know when I am getting up for lunch. Or when I take a potty break! Or that I am stuck in traffic (might as well ask to get a ticket for 'texting while driving' if you advertise that you are stuck in traffic). I like getting bits of insight from others via twitter, or interesting ideas that someone might have. But I don't pay attention (or follow) the people who give TMI. 


Now you might be thinking that it's a pretty arbitrary distinction that I am making and that what I consider TMI others may not think it is too much. That is True. I choose not to follow those types and don't pretend to be one. Use it for what YOU want to use it for, but don't get upset or freak out when you're un-friended or a follower stops following you. Life goes on. Don't fb/tweet your crying for all the world to see.

1 comment:

The palace of fun said...

Un-friended.... I've only been unfriended once and I'm sure you know who. Have I cried, not in the slightest. Good thing I'm not a FB fanatic and Twitting doesn't even get into my schedule, let alone blogging as of late. I'd rather not be involved in OPP & TMI when I have enough of my own to deal with! lol

It is what it is, whatever to whomever whenever they want.

~Stacey