Sunday, November 08, 2009

Sunday Afternoon... Thoughts

Here it is one week into November 2009. Ali is 1.5 months old.

Today we had stake conference and we now have a new Stake President. President Hughes had been around for along time (10 years). That is the way of Stake President callings one decade and you're done. The interesting thing here is that President Hughes has been around for our family for a long time. He was the Bishop of the ward i lived in when Tammy and I married. After being married six months we moved in to the little green house and he was OUR bishop. Then a few years later when mom died he was Stake President. He and Bishop Blacker helped us through that. Then a few years later back in the Nampa West Stake and I am called into the Elders Quorum Presidency, then EQ President with President Hughes as our Stake President. Much has happened during his term of service.

I'm not 25 anymore. I am a father of four. Been married for over 12 years. I have a wonderful wife that IS my best friend. We've been through much together. I would have not wanted it any other way. Not sure I'd have made it through any of it if I would have been alone. I know I wouldn't have.

I didn't intend this to be so sentimental, guess that's just where the muse took me today. See you on Monday!

This is for the kids

" I am Optimus Prime, and I send this message to all Autobots taking refuge among the stars: We are here, we are waiting."

1 comment:

TammyP said...

Honey.... You are MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!!