Monday, November 30, 2009

Have you Tried...

I wanted to end my participation in National Blog Posting Month by talking about a few things I have tried. I love new things. New software, new movies, new TV shows. I am game. So here are a few things that I have tried.

Beta Software
I love being on the cutting, no I'd even say the bleeding edge of technology. Beta applications that I am using right now on a daily basis:
Firefox 3.6 Beta 4: Works great. I love the Windows 7 integration. As I recently updated to Windows 7 I am looking for any applications that take advantage of new features. (I also have this installed on my Macbook)

MS Office 2010: The upcoming version of MS Office planned for release next year, but released as a public beta November 2009. As a glutton for punishment, I of course installed it. As with Firefox 3.5b4 the Windows 7 integration is what draws me to the beta. So far not too bad. Only having problems with Adobe Acrobat integration.

Windows 7: I now have the official version of Windows 7 Pro, but I installed both the public beta and release candidate of Windows 7 Ultimate. That is what helped me to know that as soon as I could I wanted to ditch Windows Vista and upgrade to Windows 7.


Now I should say that I am STILL and will always be a Mac User. For work I am forced to use a PC and at least want something that is quasi-usable. If I could work exclusively on a Mac I would ditch Windows 7 in a heartbeat.

More to come on other New things I have tried....

2 comments:

Stacey said...

I have the Lightroom 3 Beta, does that count?

I've heard good things about Win7, maybe someday before Win800 comes out I'll be able to get my hands on it.

~Stacey

Broncop3t3 said...

Lightroom Beta definitely counts!Gotta ride the beta wave! Push the envelope!