Wednesday, November 18, 2009

GIS Day. Yipee!!!


Today I had the chance to represent my office at a trade show of sorts. Today is GIS Day and Emmett High School held a GIS Open house for the science students. Working with the MLS we use mapping for property searches and so that is what I presented on. I presented in front of the group for about fifteen minutes and then the student broke into small groups and visited the various booths. I had a booth where I set up a laptop so that the students could see how the mapping in our MLS system worked in Emmett. They seemed to like it. I had to remember what it was like to be in high school. We did about anything to get out of class. So there were some kids totally tuned out. But some did not even know what the MLS was; let alone that their parents probably worked with a Realtor who used it.

I had not been in a high school for that long since I student taught in 2000. It was a fun time. Do I wish I was teaching, today? Naw... I enjoy the work I do and the chance I have to get out and visit different parts of the state and work with so many different people.

GO GIS!

No comments: