Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Heading home..

Day Eight (12/06/08)
Night in Provo Marriott


We booked rooms on Priceline for a night in Provo so we wouldn’t have to drive all the way through in one day. We had a nice dinner at a gas station in Vegas. We arrived about 10:30 PM –ish. We got three rooms for the same great rate.

Day Nine (12/07/08)
Finally Home

Got up. Took the kids swimming in the heated indoor pool. Checked out of the hotel. Had breakfast at Denny’s in Provo. Headed home. After a slight delay at IKEA we were on the road and headed north. Landed back in Nampa about 6:30 PM. What a great trip we had. Memories to last a lifetime.


Thoughts on the Trip


It was a great time had by all. The driving is never fun, but worth it in the end. Seeing Dylan and Karen was great. They have a lovely home. The stop there brought back many memories of Tammy and me hanging out with them in Nampa and when we lived in Boise State housing. Playing games together and staying up until all hours of the night. That didn’t happen this time, but just as fun. I even noticed that they were listening to the Christmas music CD that Tammy and I gave to our friends and Family when we were a smaller family of three in 2001.


Once when we were in Disneyland I almost shed tears. Gabe and I were waiting in line for a ride and he said “Dad, this is the best day of my life”. I know that he had many experiences there and will have many more in his life, but it meant a lot to me that this family vacation will be one that he (and all of us) remembers forever.


From California & Disneyland Dec 2008


“When you wish upon a star…your dreams come true.” -Jiminy Cricket

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Ah, "the best day of my life". Totally worth it!!

Driving half-way; I'm all for that! You'll have to let us in on all the deal saving tips you've learned. I can't seem to figure out Priceline and everytime we look into booking a trip, it ends up being double the advertised price.

Glad to have you guys back in town.

~Stacey