Thursday, October 23, 2008

Fashion Statement...

It has come out in the press recently that like John Edwards, the McCain-Palin campaign spend an exorbitant amount on fashion. This time it was not a haircut, but a wardrobe. In reading about this and other election news I found this:



(Look at his shoes)

Here is the quote from the picture:
"Senator Obama was doing press interviews by telephone in a holding room between events. Sometime later as he was getting ready to begin his event, he asked me if I was photographing his shoes. When I said yes, he told me that he had already had them resoled once since he entered the race a year earlier. Providence, R.I., 3/1/2008."

My Dad used to have shoes like this. I remember him wearing them to church every week.

I found this from this site http://byudemocrats.org. Here is the link to the post. Here is the text of the post.
With all the controversy over Joe the Plumber and the ability to relate to the ‘average’ American, I was personally refreshed from this set of photographs. Obama, to me, is a man that just does what he should. He loves his country like anyone else. He loves the people he meets as much, if not more than his opponents. But in the end, I see a man who is well educated in both things like the academics of constitutional law and the interpersonal intelligence that any leader of our country needs to have. Beyond just being a guy I’d like to go get a beer with (non-alcoholic of course!, this is BYU), he is someone I can personally trust to run my country.


Here is a link to more candid pictures of candidate Obama.
http://digitaljournalist.org/issue0810/callie-bp.html

No comments: