Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Susie Martineau 1984-2008

PRICE - Susie Martineau, age 23, our loving daughter, sister and friend, formerly of Price, passed away June 29, 2008 in Ogden.

She was born Dec. 9, 1984 in Miles City, Mont., the youngest of six children born to Stanley Dean and Vicky Crummett Martineau. Susie grew up in Grand Junction, Colo., and later moved to Price, where she graduated from Carbon High School in 2003. She played several different instruments in the high school band and also enjoyed playing the piano.

Following high school, she attended CEU, receiving an associate of arts degree.

She was attending Utah State University at the time of her passing.

She loved reading, animals (especially cats) and spending time with her friends and family.

She was a member of the LDS Church, where she received the YW In Excellence Medallion.

She will always be remembered as a loving and giving person.

She will be missed by all who knew her.

She is survived by her parents; her five siblings, Stanley James (Dresden) Martineau of Roy; Karl Theodore (Kristin) Martineau of Provo; Tamra (Ryan) Wilson of Huntington; Dean Crummett Martineau of Bozeman, Mont.; and Holly Ann (Eric) Tucker of Price; and nine nieces and nephews.

Funeral services will be July 3, at 1 p.m. at the Elmo LDS Chapel, 170 East Main. Viewing will be at 11:30 a.m. prior to the service at the church. Interment will be in the Elmo City Cemetery. Services are in the care of Fausett Mortuary.

Source-
http://www.sunad.com/index.php?tier=1&article_id=13464

Susie was my cousin. She and her mom (my aunt Vicki) came to visit our family shortly after my mom passed away. It was a fun dinner, we actually had Mexican and ordered take out rice for the occasion. That night I remember that it was the first time that I noticed how much Vicki looked like my mom. My brother Clark was close with Susie as they were close in age. While growing up he was able to spend a couple weeks each summer in Utah visiting aunts, uncles, and cousins. Susie had a great spirit about her and she will be missed.

It is the knowledge of the Plan of Salvation and that a loving Heavenly Father has prepared a way that we can be together eternally. Right now there is a loving reunion in the hereafter with Susie, her Grandma Crummett, Aunt Lynn, Cousin Catherine and countless other friends and relatives awaiting her arrival. Our prayers are with Stan and Vicki, Stan, Dean, Karl, and Holly at this time.
The Petersons Love you.

8 comments:

Stacey said...

I am so sorry for your family's loss and my thoughts and prayers are with them.

~Stacey

Anonymous said...

Susie was a beautiful woman on the inside & out. She had a smile that was contagious & heart that was made of gold. She was always there for her friends whenever & however she could be. I worked with Susie at the WalMart in Colorado & she was a blast to be around. As a matter of fact she almost spent last Thanksgiving with me & my family. I just wanted to let you know & hopefully you can pass this on to her family. My condolences to her family. She was loved my many & will be missed dearly.
Heather

Anonymous said...

I am sorry for our loss... susie was a wonderful person i too worked with her at walmart in Colorado and i often thought about her wondering how her schooling was going.. we all hoped to hear from her after she left we just never realized the next time we were gonna see her would be at the reunion in the sky... she is definatly someone i am privilaged to have known and someone i would proudly call my friend... the world will not be the same without her and we will all miss her dearly! my condolences to her family and the rest of her friends.

Anonymous said...

I...don't even know what prompted me to Google her name at 12:50 am here, but I did. Yours was the 2nd link I came upon...I went to middle and part of high school with Susie, and we were very very close friends...after she moved to Price in high school, we lost track of each other, somewhat, but in the last year or a little more, we had talked a few times. I'm in shock, and deeply saddened by this news. I'm so sorry for your loss...

Anonymous said...

I had the indescribable honor of dating Susie for six months. It was the most wonderful time of my life. She has been such an influence in my life for good, that I am half in denial about her passing away. Through her, I gained a greater knowledge of the purposes of God, and a testimony of the reality of the Atonement of Christ.

The world seems a little darker without the presence of Susie, but I know that she is in the Lord's hands, and no one can pry her out. She is safe, and at peace. Her spirit lives on. And in a coming day, through the Resurrection, we shall all be able to see her again, and I shall be able to embrace her in my arms again, and weep for joy!

I thank my God and my Savior that I ever knew such a woman as Susie Martineau! She will be sorely missied, and the light that she has given to me, I will try to pass on.

DanB said...

I also am not sure why I decided to find Susie again; I had been in contact with her at the beginning of June about meeting up some time for Indian food and she never responded, I figured she was just busy as she'd always seem to be.

I also knew Susie as Anon#2 did, through middle and part of HS. She was my first real girlfriend and I'll always remember the day I found out she was moving. I remember buying her a necklace and giving it to her the day her family moved, thinking I'd never see her again. A summer or two later she came back to town to visit friends and it was one of the best weeks of my entire life. The feeling of having someone important like that come back to you is amazing.

After moving to SLC and beginning college, I tried to find out where she had ended up. I found her once in Grand Junction, and then again after she moved to Logan. We met for lunch shortly after I contacted her in Logan, and it was the same feeling as always. That was the last time I saw her

I'm not sure what sparked the thought that I needed to contact her again, but I just re-read the last email of mine that I know she received and it said how I really need to talk to her. I had planned on telling her how important she had been to me, regardless of how much time and space had kept us apart. Meeting her, spending time with her, being apart, and then being able to reconnect after all that is something indescribable.

I'm not sure if there is anything else to say; I'm not sure if anyone else will even read this. I guess it's my way of giving my responses and feelings some structure. I'll miss her immensely, but am somewhat comforted by the fact that no matter how much time or distance was between us, she (I hope we) always had important places in our hearts for each other.

DB

Yvonia said...

I am truly sorry for the loss. Susie was my best friend in Vernal. I know she was sent to me in my darkest hour of need. She showed me what a true friend really is. I considered her my sister. I hope to be reunited with her in the here after.

Anonymous said...

I kind of want to know who DanB is because there is the chance that I knew you then. No idea if you'll ever read this again...