Friday, July 25, 2008

BBQ...Fun Times

Tonight we had an EQ BBQ for church, as part of the EQ Presidency got to plan the party. It was fun. We have sort of decided that for the EQ socials, we want to emphasize getting to know one another and having fun. In the past we have played different kinds of get-to-know you games, tonight we just let everyone hang out and chat. we grilled burgers and hot dogs for dinner and then made root beer floats for dessert. The kids really liked the root beer floats. I think everyone had fun. Then when we were finished they all pitched in and helped clean up. I really enjoy these get togethers to be able to spend time with people from church, outside of church.



There are some of us that have got together a few times to play games; board games, card games (scum) and RockBand. It is great to be able to socialize with families that are in our place. They are raising their kids and trying their best, just like we are. It has been a long time since we have had a group of friends that we hang out with. I think it is important for our kids to see how our family is just like everyone else's.

When I was a kid, my parents were friends with the McDonalds and Mendozas. We would go to one of their houses and the parents would talk and play games and the kids would play. I remember many times falling asleep on a couch while our parents would be talking with their friends into the night. I remember those times that we spent together playing "centipede" in the living room using the couch cushions for ammo. Or when we would spend hours and hours "lip syncing" to Starship and the Miami Vice soundtrack before we knew what lip syncing was. We didn't need Wiis or PS3s we used our imigination. I see my children doing the same thing when we get together with the G, E, and W's. These are the times that they will remember.

If you are not familiar with RockBand....watch this

1 comment:

Stacey said...

PEWG rulz!!

I think I'm going to give up on eyeliner and mascara completely. Between filters, party hats, and colorful comments regarding everything else under the sun.. its pretty much pointless but I'll gladly give it up!

EQ Party was fun, good to see some new faces and that they didn't run for the hills.

Good times, indeed!

~Stacey