Monday, June 09, 2008

Harriet Peterson 8/25/25 - 06/08/08

Yesterday we received some heartbreaking news, Grandma Peterson had passed away. She was nearly 83 and had lived a full and happy life. My dad had gone over to check on her as she had not answered her phone when he called and when he arrived he found her. She had apparently passed away in her sleep.

I have many memories of Grandma Peterson from mowing her lawn from the age of 10 to taking a trip with her to the Grand Canyon when I was a sophomore in high school. But the memories that I am thinking of today are more recent. For the past few years on Sunday nights we have been getting together with my dad, my brother and his family and my grandma. So we have been seeing her very regularly. We get together and talk, play games, watch TV, anything really. We always have something good to eat. In fact a couple weeks ago we had Jalapenos stuffed with cheddar cheese and we got grandma to try them and she loved them. It has been a lot of fun getting together letting her see our kids every week and how they are growing.


Last year for Christmas we made her a book out of the pictures of the great-grandkids that we had taken at the cabin and other places. She seemed to really like it.


My grandma was a nurse for many years in the recovery room at Mercy Medical Center in Nampa. Each month she would go to lunch with some of the ladies who were nurses with her there.


She will be missed.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

My condolences....

How special it was to spend so much time with her with your kids, giving them the opportunity to know her and bless their lives as much as she had blessed yours.

~Stacey