Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Living History...

While online the other day I found this news story about living history that I wanted to share. (More after the video)

Historic ‘Blockbuster’ Store Offers Glimpse Of How Movies Were Rented In The Past

It is amazing that in the future (less than 25 years from now) our kids may need information like this to let them know what renting videos at a store was all about. Before Netflix or Redbox or iTunes or video on-demand. When I think about how much things have changed in my lifetime, I can't wait to see what changes are coming. My wife and I were talking about this the other day. Remember in Back To the Future II when they go to the future 2015 (seven years from now) and Mary is looking around his future house? There is a scene where his son "Marty Jr" is int he family room watching multiple TVs and he watches the "Art channel". Well, you can get Plasma and LCD TVs that have SD card slots that allow you to view your own art on them. Talk about life imitating entertainment.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Funny, just the other day - out of boredom - Dave and I entered the doors of Hollywood video. We scanned the ailes looking for something that we would know we were looking for when we found it and came to the conclusion that their just wasn't anything there we could get online for free or at minimal cost. (Less than the rental fee.) It had been so long since we rented anything, that being in there felt odd and almost archaic.

R.I.P. 8-Track, Cassette, CD/DVD....