Sunday, April 06, 2008

Conference Weekend...

This past weekend was General Conference for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. It was a great conference, the new Prophet Thomas S. Monson was sustained as well as a New Apostle named to the Quorum of the Twelve Apostles, D. Todd Christofferson. I had the opportunity to meed Elder Christofferson last spring while visiting Salt Lake City for Conference. Elder Christofferson was one of my fathers instructors when he was in the missionary training center in the late 1960's. So my father set up an appointment and we were able to meet with him and he and my father talked about thier lives and how things had changed with the Chruch in South America. Elder Christofferson served in Argentina and my father served in Chile. and had recently returned there for a visit. It was a great time to spend with the man that was to be a future Apostle of the Lord.

Here is the press conference following his sustaining.

No comments: