Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Harry Potter...The Deathly Hallows


I finished it. I received "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" on Saturday in the mail. And I finished it last night (about 1 AM). I was about 150 pages away from finishing at about 10:00 PM and I couldn't stop. I had to know what was going to happen. I had seen some "spoilers" online and I was anxious to see if they would be true...they were not. I was very pleased with the book, overall. This book had an additional purpose that just telling the story, it had to explain things that had perplexed readers since the first book so many years ago. I saw a parallel with the last few episodes of "Alias" season 5 (the final season) or with Star Wars Ep III; that the reasons for actions and events that had been mysteries for so long would now be revealed. I became a fan of this series later then some. I started reading book iv anticipating the release of the movie. After that I was hooked. The movies are great, but there is a limit to how much you can fit into a movie of a 600 pg book. So I don't fault the movies for omitting certain things. I'll read it again.

Just one more thing to say....SPOILERS AHEAD! (highlight to see)

Harry and Ginny: Good to see them happy. Named their kids appropriately.
Ron and Hermione: You could see them getting close and after the traumatic events you knew they had forged a bond.

Snape: I knew that he and Dumbledore had a plan and that he wasn't all bad.

No comments: