Thursday, April 12, 2007

Book Signing



Today there is a book signing for a good friend of mine, Dylan McDonald. He wrote a book about the Teton Dam Disaster. For those who don't know the Teton Dam was built by the Army Corps of Engineers and the Bureau of Reclamation from 1972 - 1976. On June 5, 1976 at 8:30 am the dam collapsed and sent water throughout the Snake River valley. So today he is back in Nampa, ID for a book signing at a local bookstore. I unfortunately will not be able to make it (I am out of town for work) but I will see Dylan and his wife Karen tonight. I like to think that I had a little to do with him and the book as when we were roommates at Ricks College in Rexburg, ID we took a drive out to the dam site and saw where it occurred. Thanks to some good organization from the local church leaders, people were mobilized and only 14 people died. Many lessons were learned from this disaster. Dylan has brought much of this to light.

No comments: