Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Neighbors...

Neighbors you can’t live with them and you can’t burn down their house. Why is that some people don’t want to act neighborly and talk to their neighbors and instead call a third party, be it the city or home owners association for intervention. Let me paint a scenario… Last summer we installed sprinklers and then in the fall we planted some grass. So it wasn’t until this year that the grass actually began to grow. So last night I extended the time of the sprinklers in the back to help the new grass grow. Apparently there is some fine-tuning that needs to happen for the sprinklers, pressure issues. So when the sprinklers were on last night they flowed into the yard of my neighbor to the south. His house is down hill from mine, so he should expect that water will drain into his yard. When it happened last night, instead of calling or coming over to our house to talk to us he called the city and complained. This is the first time that this has happened and the problem will be resolved, but it irks me that he would be such a jerk about it (do I sound frustrated, I AM). Usually I can handle neighbors and the issues that come along with them, but this guy is driving me crazy so to add fuel to the fire… There is a fence that separates our houses (the one the water crept under) anyway my son was playing in the yard the other day and was kicking a ball against the fence, not at midnight, this was before noon. This neighbor yelled out the backdoor of his house to my son to “stop hitting the fence”, first he was kicking a ball not hitting and second if you didn’t want to deal with neighbors you shouldn’t have built a house in a subdivision. I guess what I am trying to illustrate is that this guy has not been too neighborly. Not that I expect to get along with everyone, but some people just rub you the wrong way.

No comments: