Thursday, December 22, 2005

Power of the Internet


The power of the internet is immense… I have a friend I have known for more than ten years. She lives in the D.C. area. So we keep in contact by email and instant messages. The other day we were talking about other friends that we have lost contact with. So I started searching the internet and college alumni sites and I did not find who I was looking for. But I did find someone I thought was the sister of one of my friends. So I took a chance and email this stranger that I was looking for my friend who I thought was her sister. Within a few hours I received an email from the person I emailed and I was right. She told me that she vaguely remembered me (from meeting me about ten years ago when I went to her house with her sister) and she forwarded the email I sent on to her sister. That made my morning. A few hours later I received another email…from my friend. So the power of the internet reconnected me with someone that I had not heard from in almost ten years. So there are those who are (still) weary of using the internet but this is a perfect example of the powerful resource that the internet can be…
More to come…

No comments: