Thursday, April 15, 2010

Parks...Boise River Festival

You can find parks all over the valley. The parks I grew up with in Nampa are still around. Lions Park, Lakeview Park, and West Park. Now there are other parks, but these are the ones that I remember going to as a kid. I remember my parents taking us there to picnic, play and enjoy the outdoors. Then at West and Lions parks I participated in sports baseball as a young man. When Tammy were dating and first married I recall going to Lions park and enjoying picnics in the shade of the trees. As a parent I have taken my children to these parks for the purposes. Parks are an integral part of a thriving community.

The Boise River Festival was another event that utilized the parks extensively. What a great way to spend a hot summer day- wandering through exhibits and booths in the open air. Then in the evening a concert under the stars with the cool summer breeze in Ann Morrison Park. The Boise River Festival was a great way to be outdoors and experience the parks.

Colin Mansfield for his Eagle Scout Project created a video highlighting the Boise Parks. What a way to share the appreciation we all have for our parks.
Thanks Colin!

Thanks to Treasured Valley and Dennis Mansfield for sharing this with us all.


Boise Parks from Colin Mansfield on Vimeo.

No comments: