Thursday, January 21, 2010

An opinion on the Tonight Show Battle

Much has been said on the Tonight Show battle. Today news about how it would all play out was released. Talking to a friend today this situation reminds me of how actors were slaves to the studio system, like Mickey Rooney and Judy Garland. Leno and O'Brien are by contract, slaves to NBC. At least Conan gets to leave. Leno has to stay and try to bring his show back after losing all his viewers.

Conan will be alright. He has built up a fan base that will follow him. NBC gets to try to figure out what to do next.

Go Team Conan!

1 comment:

Willie E. said...

This whole deal with Jay, Conan and NBC is a joke. I didn't watch Conan much until he came on earlier in the night and I must say I am a 'CoCo' follower now! If he does go to another network later this year, I will probably follow there too. The SNL weekend update deal-e-o was funny. Long live Conando - Adios!