Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Time to chime in...

The Nampa Public Library has been in the news recently, for nothing new. Just the same people trying to raise a stink about what they think is and is not appropriate. I am not going to re-hash all that has been said (there has been a lot). But I wanted to share the letter from the Library Staff to the board. They have some very valid points. I agree with the staff. We can not let one vocal minority dictate what the rest of us can have access too.

As a Latter-Day Saint, this is the kind of mentality that lead to early church members being driven out of their homes and off their land by hate mongers. Free and open communication for all sometimes means that people can say (write) things that I don't agree with and guess what; I don't have to listen to them (or read what they wrote). But they should not be removed from the library.
Here is the letter from the Staff to the Library Board (PDF file- highlighted by BroncoP3t3).

No comments: